Friday 2 September 2016

MAGGI CUPPA MASALA + CHILLI CHOW REVIEW!

Hey foodies!

So as I was looking for recent launches in the food industry, I came across these two variants of Maggi cup noodles: Maggi Cuppa Masala & Maggi Cuppa Chilli Chow. Both of these variants are priced at 40 rupees. I, being a die hard Maggi noodle fan, immediately ordered them from snapdeal.com

It was delivered to me after 4 days (pretty late huh?) and I couldn't wait to dig in! 

So basically the contents in the pack are raw noodles and a fork which is foldable and that's really cool! You just gotta add BOILING WATER to the noodle and let it rest for 4 minutes before your meal is ready.









So I tried the CHILLI CHOW variant first.





 I put in the exact amount of water which was mentioned on the cup, and let it rest for 4 minutes. What I got after 4 minutes was this:





I didn't expect this much of water to remain, so I stirred it once and left it for a couple of more minutes. After 10 minutes in total:



I was disappointed on seeing the amount of water that remained. Nonetheless, I began to eat. It just did not taste as good as I would have expected. :( The noodles tasted near bland and I couldn't feel any heat from the chillies.




So, gave the remaining noodles to my mum who then brought a spoon to eat (she hates long noodles so she breaks them short using the spoon). It was then that I tasted the noodle with the water which was in it, and I suddenly got that chilli punch. She added that the noodles tasted mustard-y.

Next, I opened the MASALA variant and decided to put in much less water. 






This time, no water was left behind (yay!). This variant had some bits of pea in it. Tasted okay, not great. Had a minty flavour. Made my dad taste it, got the same answer, "theek hai ache nahi hai".






So yeah, all in all I feel that these noodles aren't worth 40 bucks. The 12 buck noodle taste far more better. But this is created I suppose for travelers or people who don't have access to stove and fire, still I wouldn't take this along with me if I were travelling. I would prefer eating something else.

DISCLAIMER: THIS BLOG POST IS NOT TO DEFAME ANYONE/ANYTHING. THIS IS PURELY MY OPINION AND OPINIONS CAN VARY FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER. THIS IS WHAT I HONESTLY FEEL ABOUT THE PRODUCT.

Thank You! :D

2 comments:

  1. i got the same result with both the maggis. was really disappointed by the amount of water left behind. literallly threw away the chilly chow because it was tasteless.

    ReplyDelete